Frank FrondaMulti-faceted Gastronome
Chef Fronda is a ﬁrst-generation Italian American from Brooklyn, and his passion for cooking was inspired early on with his mother’s home cooking. He graduated from the New York Restaurant School with honors at the age of 18 and was an Executive Chef at Napa Valley Grille by age 23.
Frank’s has been working with individual and large-scale chains for the last 18 years. He likes to say that “the food comes first,” because “the profit comes first” doesn’t sound right from a man wearing a chef’s hat. Frank’s food focuses on all five senses, which only makes sense when you’ve seen him in action.
As an industry specialist of the Food Service & Hospitality Business, Mr. Fronda understands every component of restaurant and hospitality operation. He has been instrumental in consulting & assisting the creation of all aspects of the business, from concept to execution, design, and launch.
Frank’s restaurant experience ranges from Palio Restaurant and the Metropolitan Opera House in New York & Napa Valley Grille in Paramus, NJ, which was given three stars and named “Restaurant of the Year.”
Other projects he’s proud to have collaborated on:
- Napa Valley Grille in Westwood, CA
- Cafe del Rey [one of the highest Zagat rated restaurants in Los Angeles]
- The Four Seasons Beverly Wilshire
- Co-founder of Babas Pasta (an artisanal pasta company)
- Co o-creator of Echo + Rig Butcher and Steakhouse, Las Vegas
- Stone Oven [16 locations, Los Angeles]
- Hana Grille [4 locations, Los Angeles]
- Marmalade Café [10 locations, Los Angeles]
- Amici (6 units Manila Philippines)
Frank has been acknowledged by the James Beard Foundation in 2000 2001, 2002 & 2006.